This is a traditional Japanese cultural experience event where you will wear a kimono and walk around the garden inside the art museum and participate in a tea ceremony.
The museum was built in 1933 as the residence for Asaka branch of the imperial family. The residence is used as the state guesthouse until replaced by the Akasaka State Guesthouse.
It was renovated in 2014 and a new building was additionally built, where you can see the white cube gallery. Surrounding these buildings is a Japanese garden with a traditional tearoom, and a Western-style garden where you can enjoy cherry blossom viewing in the Spring. The main building and the tearoom are both designated as important cultural properties of Japan. (This tearoom usually can't enter!)
Please enjoy experiencing traditional Japanese culture and art, in a nature-filled garden that makes you forget that you are in the center of a busy city.
March 28 (Sat.), 2020
9:00- / 10:30- / 12:30- /14:00-
10 people maximum for each time
- Change into kimono/Free time(1 hour)
- Strolling around in Japanese garden/Picture taking (45 minutes)
- Tea ceremony at the tearoom(1 hour)
- Change out of kimono/end of event (3 hours in total)
5,000 yen per person (tax included)
Comes with a ticket the exhibition of RENE LALIQUE!
＊Payment should be made at reception on the day of the event
Person who will be able to attend the event on the scheduled day and time (resident in Japan), and can have conversations in either English or Japanese
＊Accompanying people can be Japanese.
- Once the number of applications exceed maximum capacity, there will be a lottery.
- Results of lottery will only be sent out to those who won the tickets by March 13.
- Application by phone call, Email or FAX is not available.
- Those under 18 years of age cannot attend the event.
- There will be no waiting list.
- Please refrain from making a cancellation after winning the lottery.
- Please note that after winning a ticket, changes in time and/or the color of kimono will not be possible.
- After winning the ticket, the number of participants of the event cannot be changed.
- The event may go overtime depending on how it proceeds. We ask for your understanding in advance, and that you come with enough time for the event.
- The photographs taken during the event may be used for secondary purposes.
- There are parts of the garden where photography is prohibited.
- Please follow the instructions and cautions of the staff in the main hall and tearoom, since these are important cultural properties of Japan.
- There may be some changes to the program without prior notification.
- In case of rain we will need to make changes to the program.
- Please contact us through email if there are any questions or concerns.
- Please use the public transportation system to arrive to the museum.
5-21-9, Shirokanedai, Minato-ku
Tokyo, 108-0071 JAPAN